Rehoboth Church in Philadelphia is the mother church of Frankford Methodism. It was founded in 1829 and first met in a former academy building where Stephen Decatur went to school.
Their first church was built in 1834 beside the Academy which stood on what is now Paul Street, above Torresdale Avenue. The church closed in 1999 when it merged with Central Methodist Church, which also closed in 2005. The original records of Rehoboth Church are now maintained at:
St. George's Methodist Church
235 N. 4th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
These original records were filmed and abstracted by GSP volunteers in 1982.