Part the mission of GSP is to provide training and education to the general public as well as to individuals already involved in family history research. We are available to partner with local libraries and archives to present workshops, programs and lectures at your facility. There is a fee for most lectures ($150 for lecture and Q&A), but will provide basic, getting started workshops without charge.
We also host programs and lectures at our own facility for small groups. We also host much larger events such as our all day Irish Research Conference with speakers from The Ulster Historical Foundation.
If you would like to plan an event with us or need further information about The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania, contact -Carol Sheaffer, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 267.686.2296.
Following are some of the topics available, some more advanced than others. Let us know if you have a special request.
- Genealogy – Get Ready, Get Started, Get Going (An Introduction)
- The Internet – Finding What you Really Want to Find
- Organizing your Research
- Would I Lie to You? (focus on data that leads research in the wrong direction)
- Research Tools: High Tech/Low Tech
- Female Ancestors
- First Families of GSP – Joining
- Intro to DNA for Genealogists – Basic/introductory
- Intermediate DNA – how to use results
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Online Military Records