The Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania has lost a friend. Our Executive Board member, Treasurer and Past President, Carol Sheaffer passed away today, June 5, 2020. She will be sadly missed by all of us.
Nancy C. Janyszeski – President@genpa.org
1st VP: Nancy C Nelson- FirstFamilies@genpa.org
2nd VP: – Jane Benner
Angie Indik – Admin@genpa.org
Board Members –
Term Expires in 2021
Norman Douglas Nicol, PhD – 2021
Term Expires in 2022
Joseph Roby – 2022
Term Expires in 2023
Fellows of the Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
James M. Duffin
Thank you to Donn Devine, CG, CGL for many years of supporting GSP.
Research and Events email@example.com
~ Web Design and Administration
Valerie-Anne Lutz and Nancy C Janyszeski ~
|Section 1. The government and management of this Society shall be vested in a Board of Directors composed of no fewer than ten persons and no more than seventeen persons, namely, a President, two Vice Presidents (a First Vice President and a Second Vice President), a Secretary, a Treasurer, and five to twelve Directors. Section 2. All officers and directors shall be elected from the members of the Society at the annual meeting of the Society. The term of each officer shall be one year. The term of director shall be three years. Four directors shall be elected at each annual meeting of the Society. A director who has served for two consecutive terms shall not be eligible for re-election for a period of one year, except that time served in completing the unexpired term of a former director shall not be considered in complying with this limitation. An officer who has served for six consecutive terms shall not be eligible for re-election for a period of one year, except that time served in completing the unexpired term of a former officer shall not be considered in complying with this limitation.
· Take an active role in promoting the goals and projects of the Society.
· Represent the will of the membership, even if that position is in conflict with the Director’s opinion on the issue.
· Attend at least two of the quarterly board meetings.
· Participate actively in strategic planning, overseeing the health and direction of the Society.
· Represent the Society at the request of the President.
· Serve on at least one committees.
· Assist the Society in events, projects, and activities.
· Present reports, make recommendations, and vote on Society policy and program issues at the board meetings.